What to do if my telegram account is hacked? How to report hacked Telegram account? How can I know my Telegram account is hacked? What happens if Telegram hack happens? In this article from Iran Social Magazine we will answer these questions. You also can read other articles about How to hack Telegram with Two-Step Verification? or How can we return a hacked Telegram account? or How to fix hacked Telegram account? and etc.
How can I know my Telegram account is hacked?
Before telling you that what to do if my telegram account is hacked? you should know that the spread of cyberspace and social networks and the advent of new social networks and applications instead of the old blogs and messengers, has opened a new window for communication between users; Nevertheless, Telegram is the only and the best messenger that works well these days, it adds new and good features in several updates, and has a lot of fans!
Security is a very important and significant factor for Telegram. There is a $ 300,000 prize for a person or team that can hack Telegram’s main network. There are also some options to increase security and prevent hacking in this application.
Ways to increase the security of your Telegram account!
If you want to know What to do if my telegram account is hacked? follow these ways for increasing your Telegram account:
Activate two-step verification
The first and most important way that you can use to prevent hacking is to enable Telegram Two-Step Verification, which is a safe and useful option. By setting and activating this security option, if any other person wants to log in to your account on any other devices other than your phone, after entering the number, he will need to enter the two-step verification code.
Therefore, no one other than yourself, even with your account password, will not be able to log in to your account, because only you have the two-step verification code; So, with this method and this security option, many unauthorized intrusions will be prevented. So if you want to know what to do if my telegram account is hacked? enable this option.
How to activate Telegram Two-Step Verification?
- Go into your Telegram “Settings”
- Choose “Privacy and Security”
- Tap on “Two-Step Verification”
- Enter a complex password
- Confirm your password again and set a password hint
Two-step verification activation tips:
- Your email should be active and available
- After entering the email, a window will open asking you to check the email and click on the activation link.
- You have to go to your email, open the email sent by Telegram and click on the activation link to confirm it.
- You can “Skip” the entering email section, but it’s not recommended because it is kind of helpful.
Check the Active Session section
what to do if my telegram account is hacked? : If you have several phones, tablets, pc or laptops that are connected to your Telegram account, the session section will help you find out what devices are currently connected and active on your Telegram account. If a suspicious device is connected to your account, you can block it immediately. To check account sessions, you should go to Telegram “settings” and then go to the Privacy and Security section, after that click on “Active Session” option.
Your device which you are currently in your Telegram with it, is in the top of the list and the other devices are after your device. Click “Terminate All Session” to disconnect devices other than your current device.
Do not allow anonymous people to call or invite groups
In the continuation of the What to do if my telegram account is hacked? article, we should add that: This is for when you don’t want unknown people to know about your activity in Telegram or invite you to a group or channel without your permission. To increase the security of your account, go to “Privacy and Security” section in Telegram settings and set the last seen, calls and groups options.
Follow the steps below to set who is allowed to invite you to groups:
- Open Settings
- Go to Privacy and Security
- On Privacy section, choose Groups & Channels
- On “Who can add me to group chats?” choose Everybody or My contacts
- If you choose Everybody, you can add exceptions for it(choose the person you want will never be allowed to add you to groups)
- If you choose My contacts, you can add exceptions for it(choose the contacts you want will never or always be allowed to add you to groups)
If you want to specify who can call you on Telegram:
- Open Settings
- Go to Privacy and Security
- On Privacy section, tap on Calls
- On the next page, you will have three option: Everybody, My contacts, Nobody
- You can also add exception if you want.
Disable Auto Media Download
With doing this, the medias (photos, videos and gifs and etc.) will not download automatically when you are in a private chat, group or channel and this will not only prevent malicious files from entering your system and phone but also It saves your internet usage. To turn off auto media download, first you have to open settings
- Go to “Data and Storage”
- Turn off all the Automatic media download options(When using mobile data, Wi-Fi or roaming).
what to do if my telegram account is hacked?
In this article from Iran Social Magazine we talked about what to do if my telegram account is hacked? and we told you some ways to prevent Telegram hacking. You also can refer to other articles such as: How to fix hacked Telegram account? Or How to hack Telegram with Two-Step Verification? or How can we return a hacked Telegram account? for more information.